Links


Home

The Building

Staff

History

The River

Richard Adams

Smoked Salmon

Map & Directions

Photo Gallery

Picture of the week

Links

Contact Us

 

THE BUILDING

The Main Lodge at Cold Spring Camp was first built in 1915. It was built in the "Adirondack style" of HH Richardson as a summer home for a wealthy industrialist. With its wrap-around porch and high ceilings, it remains a window into a way of life that has almost ceased to exist.  

The Lodge sits on top of a hill overlooking the Matapedia River. It is divided into two buildings, connected by a covered walkway, comprising roughly seven thousand square feet of living space.  At the base of the hill are located the rod house, canoe and equipment sheds and the guides' house. 


        The Main Lodge consists of six bedrooms, four bathrooms and  a grand living room with twelve foot ceilings - complete with a bar and a six foot fireplace, faced with stones from the river. Oriental rugs are on the floor and the walls are filled  with pictures of salmon and salmon fishermen as well as original oils and etchings by Gordon Allen, Galen Mercer, John Swann, and Kathleen Hermann. The attached building contains the kitchen, laundry, staff bedrooms and the formal dining area with its own fireplace.

 

 

Cold Spring Camp



 
CSC Lodge
 
Living Room
 
Living Room
 
Master Bedroom
 
Master Bath
 
NE Bed 1st Fl
 
N Bed 2nd Fl
 
NW Bath 2nd Fl
 
E Bed 2nd Fl
 
Dining Room
Mouse over the thumbnails to enlarge photos